Friday, April 19, 2013

a brief respite

It's day one of finals week. I need a break from studying. Yesterday after work I took one of my finals which was offered early. Hooray, one down! This morning has been working out and studying. I'm planning to take two of my tests today and two tomorrow. The nice thing is that after I've studied my brains out I can just get both at the same time and bust them out.
So far, the week has looked a little bit like this:
Forget studying on reading days, I'd much rather read juvenile fantasy.

Yesterday was the first day of textbook sell back. I have never once sold back my textbooks in the whole time I've gone to BYU. I took 12 books to sell back. They took about half.

And loaded us up with almost $300! We're rich!
Our dinners have been simple, we've made time for some great friends, and we've gone to bed as early as we can manage.
My approach to finals week is to bust out my tests as fast as I can because I can't stand to stretch them out. I'm not very good at studying, so I'd rather cram for 2 hours before I take the test.
Kevin's approach to finals week is to use every single day, every single hour. He takes one test per day and studies his little brain out all the time.
It is a dang good thing that he is going to be the breadwinner for our family. I'd much rather stay home and grow humans.
Wish us luck!
Now back to studying.

No comments: