I recognize that yesterday’s post was kind of whiny and wordy with no pictures at all. How lame of me! So I thought that today I would give a little shout out to my favorite human.
This boy. Oh goodness, this boy. I have a little confession. Up until I met and married Kevin, I had this weird premonition about my marriage. I was partially convinced that I was going to be in a relationship where I would have to give up some of the major elements of who I was, because my husband wouldn’t like the little quirky things that make me, me. I envisioned my future with my husband and pictured a scene with a lazy husband who didn’t want to participate in the things I liked, or who told me that it was my job to do all the dishes, or who was a workaholic. Or I saw someone making fun of me or belittling me for one thing or another.
I have no idea why I thought those things. My parents do NOT have that type of relationship at all, in fact I’ve always looked at their marriage as a great example. I never wanted that type of relationship, and I hoped for otherwise, but that is what I saw when I thought about my future. I actually dated a boy for a while who kind of fit this category. He made me feel very…..small is the best word for it I guess. Small and unimportant. Thankfully that ended (badly, and with a seriously injured hand from punching a dumpster. He really brought out the best in me. Not).
But Kevin. My sweet Kevin. When I think about Kevin I use the most precious adjectives. He is so kind, so tender and gentle. He’s so hardworking and willing to do whatever needs to be done. When I ask him anything, the answer is yes (within reason). He showers me with love and never withholds it from me. We generally agree on important things. He’s so generous and giving. He never stops telling me how beautiful I am.
Kevin is very happy and friendly. He has the most incredible smile I’ve ever seen. Joy seems to radiate from him. No matter who we are talking to and visiting with, he is so kind and welcoming. He makes people feel important. I love that about him.
I am incredibly blessed. I recognize that. I realize that not all people have a great marriage or wonderful husband. I’m so grateful for the relationship that we have. I’m especially grateful for how Kevin treats me. I really enjoy being someone’s number one priority.
When things get hard, like this weird semester, it really helps to know that I don’t have to go through it along. I have the support of an awesome man who loves me deeply. And I love him so much I can’t hardly stand it sometimes.
Please forgive my excessive mushiness. And please enjoy these incredible pictures that we took in St. George.
No comments:
Post a Comment